The excellent work of practice managers and their teams was celebrated on Wednesday (6 October 2009) when the winners of the Management in Practice Awards 2009 were announced at the Birmingham NEC in a special ceremony.
The annual MiP Awards comprise of six categories, each rewarding a key area of general practice. The award judges agreed that the entries were of an extremely high standard and demonstrated the exceptional hard work, innovation and organisation in general practice across the UK.
The 2009 winners are:
- Customer Care Award (sponsored by Footprint Telecom): Upton Surgery, Upton upon Severn
- Design and Facilities Award (sponsored by Clark Weightman): Cwm Gwyrdd Medical Centre, Wales
- HR and Training Award: Avicenna Medical Practice, Bradford
- Business Management Award (sponsored by Away From My Desk): Colchester PBC Group, Colchester
- Information Management and Technology Award (sponsored by iQ Medical): Haughton Thornley Medical Centre, Hyde
- Practice of the Year Award (sponsored by Wyeth Vaccines): Upton Surgery, Upton upon Severn
News stories on Management in Practice this week and next will focus on each of the winners in turn (click here to read about Practice of the Year Award winner Upton Surgery).
Category => News