The shortlisted candidates for the Practice Manager of the Year Award and Receptionist/Reception Team of the Year – both part of the prestigious General Practice Awards 2023 – have been announced.
Seven practice managers have been shortlisted in the practice manager of the year category, which is this year sponsored by X-on Health. And five teams have been recognised in the receptionist/reception team of the year, sponsored by Think Healthcare.
The awards are a joint collaboration between Management in Practice and its sister brands Pulse, Nursing in Practice, Healthcare Leader, Pulse PCN, The Pharmacist and others.
A record-breaking number of entries – over 400 in total – were submitted this year.
A spokesperson for the awards said that the quality of entries was ‘as ever, fantastically high’, and that the judges ‘had a challenge on their hands when it came to the marking’.
‘Reading through the submissions has proven as ever, to be incredibly humbling and inspiring,’ they said.
Shortlisted for the Practice Manager of the Year category are:
- Dee Chennenahalli, practice manager at Pinfold Medical Practice, County Durham
- Lesley Hyde, practice manager at The Arch Medical Practice, Manchester
- Caitlin Clarke, business manager, The Beaches Medical Centre, Great Yarmouth
- Brenda Nasr, practice manager at Earle Road Medical Centre, Liverpool
- Spencer Casey, business and strategic manager at Probus Surgery, Truro
- Colette Shipley, practice business manager at Newlands Medical Centre, Middlesbrough
- Rachael Lankshear, practice manager at Brunel Medical Practice, Torquay.
Shortlisted for the Reception Team of the Year are:
- Reception team at Iridium Medical Practice
- Patient flow navigators at Fireclay Health
- Reception team at The Heron Practice
- Reception team at Darwen Healthcare
- Reception team at Richmond Road Medical Centre
See the full list of all those shortlisted in all the categories on the General Practice Awards website.
The winners of each category will be announced at an awards ceremony on 8 December at the Novotel London West.