A London-based practice manager has been crowned Practice Manager of the Year at an event honouring excellence in primary care.
Sarah Herdman, business manager at Chiswick Health Practice, won the award against stiff competition at Friday’s 11th annual General Practice Awards at a glitzy ceremony held at the Park Plaza Westminster hotel in London.
The General Practice Awards – held each year by Management in Practice’s parent company Cogora – shines a light on the remarkable work carried out by Britain’s primary care professionals every day.
Ms Herdman wowed the judges with her hard work, which has resulted in the reduction of over 600 hours of GP time a year.
She has also taken up a leadership role with relish, working closely with Hounslow CCG and heading up her local practice manager’s forum.
The other finalists for the category were:
- Christina Cleworth, group business manager, Portsdown Group Practice
- Daniel Vincent, managing partner, Ryalls Park Medical Centre
- James Foster, practice manager, St Stephens Gate Medical Practice
- Martin Randall, general manager, Leatside Surgery
- Tracy Dell, practice manager, Plane Trees Group Practice