More than 890,000 of Brits on the national minimum wage will now be paid more.
– The adult rate will increase by 12p to £6.31 an hour
– The rate for 18-20 year olds will increase by 5p to £5.03 an hour
– The rate for 16-17 year olds will increase by 4p to £3.72 an hour
– The apprentice rate will increase by 3p to £2.68 an hour
– The accommodation offset increases from the current £4.82 to £4.91
Employers who pay below the national minimum wage (NMW) will now be named and shamed, under plans announced last month to clamp down on “rogue businesses”.
This is on top of financial penalties which employers already face if they fail to pay NMW.
Business Secretary Vince Cable said: “As signs of an economic recovery start to emerge, we need to do more to make sure that the benefits of growth are shared fairly across the board. The National Minimum Wage is a vital safety net in protecting the low paid.”
The updated rules are part of government efforts to increase compliance with NMW.
Category => Editor's Pick
Category => Finance
Category => HR
Category => News
Maximise your practice's financial potential and compare your performance with peers with Pulse Intelligence. Register for a 30 day free trial.