Another 57 GP practices have been rated by the Care Quality Commission (CQC). Of these 43 were rated good, three were outstanding, five to require improvement, three to be inadequate, and two to be put in special measures.
The Elm Tree GP practice at Shrivenham, Wiltshire was placed into special measures after being rated inadequate for being safe and well-led, however it was rated as good for being effective and caring, and outstanding for being responsive.
Dr Geoff Payne, medical director at NHS England, said:“It is clear that the staff at Elm Tree Surgery are caring and compassionate: the practice is rated outstanding for being responsive to people’s needs and good for being caring and effective. The CQC found that many patients commented on the excellent service they receive from Elm Tree Surgery.”
However, he added that “more effective management and improvements in risk assessments, infection control measures and medicines management will help to raise performance.”
Similarly, Dr Paul Unyolo (Talke Clinic) in Stoke-on-Trent was placed into special measures after being rated good for caring but inadequate for being safe and well-led.
The practice must now:
· Put systems in place to ensure children and vulnerable adults are protected from harm.
· Undertake Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks for all staff or, where these are not undertaken, make sure a risk assessment is in place.
· Ensure there are systems in place for assessing and monitoring risks and the quality of the service being provided.
· Put systems in place to ensure all clinicians are kept up to date with national guidance and guidelines.
· Take action to address concerns with regard to infection prevention and control practices.
Under CQC’s new programme of inspections, all of England’s GP practices are being given a rating according to whether they are safe, effective, caring, responsive and well led. So far, 96 GP practices have been rated as outstanding.
GP practices listed by CCG area and rating:
· Northbrook Group Practice, NHS Solihull: Outstanding
· Wyndham Surgery, NHS Northern, Eastern and Western Devon CCG: Outstanding
· Yarm Medical Practice, South Tees: Outstanding
· Arthington Medical Centre, Leeds South and East CCG: Good
· Ashton GP service, Tameside: Good
· Baildon Medical Practice, Bradford: Good
· Dalton Square Practice, NHS Lancashire North CCG: Good
· Dalton Terrace Surgery, NHS Vale of York: Good
· Dr Greenhalgh & Partners, NHS Bolton : Good
· Dr Jasjeet Dua, NHS West London: Good
· Dr Miles Davidson, North Derbyshire : Good
· Dr Rameshchandra Manilal Shah, Dudley CCG: Good
· Fenny Compton Surgery, NHS South Warwickshire CCG: Good
· Greens Norton Medical Centre, NHS Nene CCG: Good
· Heathville Medical Practice, Aspen Centre, Gloucestershire: Good
· Hockley Farm Medical Practice, NHS Leicester City CCG: Good
· JS Medical Practice, Barnet: Good
· KH Medical, Barnsley: Good
· Kings Medical Centre, West Essex: Good
· Kings Medical Centre, South Tees: Good
· Kingshurst Medical Practice, NHS Solihull: Good
· Lister House Surgery Wiveliscombe, NHS Somerset CCG: Good
· Littlebury Medical Centre, NHS South Lincolnshire CCG: Good
· Malling Health @ Parsonnage Street, NHS Sandwell and West Birmingahm CCG: Good
· Meneage Street Surgery, NHS Kernow CCG: Good
· New Westborough Surgery, Southend on Sea CCG: Good
· Oak Glen Surgery, Bradford: Good
· Oak Tree Surgery, Kernow: Good
· Oakleigh Road Health Centre, Barnet: Good
· Oakmeadow Surgery, Leicester City CCG: Good
· Orchard Surgery – BG Lannigan, Wirral: Good
· Portslade Health Centre Medical Practice, Brighton and Hove CCG: Good
· Queenhill Medical Practice, Croydon: Good
· Spinney Surgery, NHS Cambridgeshire and Peterborough CCG: Good
· Steppingstones Medical Practice, Dudley CCG: Good
· The Grange Group Practice, NHS Greater Huddersfield CCG: Good
· The Medical Centre, Kernow: Good
· The Phoenix Practice, NHS Barnet CCG: Good
· The Taverham Partnership , Norwich: Good
· The Whalebridge Practice, Swindon: Good
· Waverley PMS, Greenwich: Good
· West Bridgford Medical Centre, Rushcliffe : Good
· Whitehill Surgery, Aylesbury Vale CCG: Good
· Wilderness Road Surgery, Wokingham CCG: Good
· Wish Park Surgery, Brighton & Hove: Good
· Woolton House Medical Centre, Liverpool CCG: Good
· Dr B Das, NHS Liverpool CCG: Requires improvement
· Dr Rao, NHS Nene CCG: Requires improvement
· J Musil & Partner, NHS Hull: Requires improvement
· Scorton Medical Centre, Hambleton, Richmondshire & Whitby: Requires improvement
· The Tickhill and Colliery Medical Practice, Doncaster CCG: Requires improvement
· Benfleet Surgery , Castle Point and Rochford: Inadequate
· Dr Paul Unyolo, North Staffordshire CCG: Inadequate
· Elm Tree Surgery, NHS Swindon CCG: Inadequate
· Ailsworth Medical Centre, Cambridgeshire and Peterborough: Not rated
Category => Editor's Pick
Category => News